Video of how to make the PERFECT cup of matcha
How to make the PERFECT matcha,
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of matcha (or 2 bamboo chasaku scoops).
- Although sifting the matcha is optional, it helps remove any lumps and improve its flavour.
- Prepare 50mls or 1/4 glass of boiling water which has been cooled for at least 10mins after boiling (approx 70-80 Celsius).
- Mix a small amount of the hot water with the matcha in a matcha bowl (Chawan) or medium sized glass, gently using a bamboo whisk or frother, to make a thick paste without lumps.
- Then add the rest of the hot water to the paste.
- Whisk vigorously till a layer of foam develops using the bamboo whisk (chasen) or a handheld frother. If using the bamboo whisk, use ‘W’ type movements near the surface to create the froth. Similarly with the frother, use it near the top to create a thick froth.
- You can add more water if you prefer a thinner matcha.
- Enjoy and feel the benefits instantly!